My remembrance with the X Factor Cambodia

    I like singing; therefore, I decided to join the X Factor Cambodia – a television music competition in 2019. The primary contest was in AEON Mall Sen Sok City. I woke up and went to AEON early because I knew that there were a lot of people who joined this competition. If I had gone before others, I would have been selected first to show my talent, but it wasn’t comparable to my expectation. When I arrived there, I saw many, many contestants – it was uncountable. I walked toward the location where the X Factor Cambodia’s team works set for contestants. I stood alone. My heart was biting too fast while I was surrounded by a lot of people. I felt nervous, uncomfortable and insecure. To reduce these feelings, I gawked at the other contestants. Of course, they were the same as me, but they were luckier than me. Their parents and friends came with them for motivating and supporting them. I had nobody but myself. Once I was looking at them, I smiled as well as I was blue in the other way. Even though nobody supported me, I could support and motivate myself. When the time came, the teamwork of the X Factor Cambodia let the contestant walked through the car park’s way to the main stage. Two hosts on the stage made some fun to calm us down. I was in number 2324. I was waiting for a long time to sing my first song while the hosts were still entertaining us. Until the afternoon, a host said, ‘Please a contestant number 2324 come to a row number 10’. I went to my row and then to the contest room. There were four judges in that room. They let me sing without music, only my voice. I started singing one line of lyrics. Immediately, they stopped me by saying, ‘Thank you Sokhieng. Please let another contestant come in.’ I was very agitated since I had sung only a line, but they let me stop spontaneously. When I was out of the room, a guy asked me, ‘How is it going, man?’. I answered, ‘I am fine but a little bit apprehensive’. I went back home to relax, and I was waiting for the result through the phone call. After a few weeks ago, I did not receive any phone call. Even I failed at the primary contest, at least I let myself try what I was frightened to do. Life will be more significant when you empower yourself to try what you think you cannot do it.

Comments