My experience in making a new friend.

In 2015, I have moved from Prey Veng province to Phnom Penh city, went to study at high school. Everything was new for me; lifestyle, environment, and I met a lot of new people. I was kind of an introvert, my lifestyle very different from people who live in the city, and I never talked to someone first except my friend who sat near me. I felt uncomfortable and insecure because I came from rural areas, and I saw them as a strange person. For the first time in a class, I saw one of my classmates, and I guessed he might be sit with me. I asked him, "Do you sit here?". He answered, "Yes I do.". A few month later, the feeling of uncomfortable and insecure were going away. I knew them more a lot, yet I was a silence person in class. Most of my classmates had been a talkative person, and they always made a joke and talked something funny, but I didn't. When break time was came, I went alone. It wasn't new to me because I had gone through this when I had been in primary school and secondary school even though I had the books as my friend. I could say they were just my class friends, not my friend or close friends. But not all of them, some were my friends because we had the same personality, yet not close. 
Until I had studied in grade 12, they were become my friends because I didn't have enough money to pay for part-time learning; Mathematic, Physic, Chemistry and Biography, so they helped me to pay. Because of that situation, I had time with them, and we talked a lots. We had known each other, and long live friendship. Unfortunately I have only one close friend for now.

I think it's enough for the topic. Anyway I was an introvert before. After I wrote a book, I became an extrovert, yet I can be an introvert if I want.


Corrected grammar by Panharith Nat

In 2015, I moved from Prey Veng to study at one high school in Phnom Penh. Everything was completely new to me. In Phnom Penh, I met a lot of new people; and because I was an introvert and as I came from a rural area, my lifestyle was very different from those who lived in the city, so I found most of the people I had met strange, and that made me feel uncomfortable and insecure. Then, for the first time in class, I found a classmate who might have wanted to sit next to me, so I asked, “Do you want to sit here?”

“Yes, I do,” he replied.

A few months later, the feeling of being uncomfortable and insecure faded away. I got to know them more than I thought I would, yet I was still a silent student among my classmates who were talkative and chatty. When break times came, I was all alone. This was not new to me, for I had been through this when I was in primary school and secondary school despite the fact that I had books as my loyal friend. Back then, I could say most of them were my acquaintances while a few others were my friends due to the fact that we had similarities in terms of personality. They were not my close friends yet, however. This had been until I was in grade 12. When I didn’t have enough money to pay for extra classes, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology, they offered me help; and because of that, we became closer. We got to know each other even more and eventually had great times together. As for now, unfortunately, I’m having only one close friend.


Comments